If you love sausage and you love shrimp, this is the recipe for you! Our Sausage Shrimp Boil is a simple recipe, packed full of bold flavors.
- 1 pkg Kiolbassa Smoked Sausage, cut into 2" pieces
- 3 ears corn, husked and cut into 1" rounds
- 1 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Seafood Boil Seasoning
- 2 lemons
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic head, cut in half
- 1 1/2 lb. baby potatoes
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Fill a large stock pot 3/4 full of water. Add juice of 2 lemons and rinds, seafood boil seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, bay leaf, and 1 head of garlic, cut in half. Stir together then add potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add corn, Kiolbassa Sausage and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Then add shrimp and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Ladle two cups of broth into a glass measuring cup and set aside. Drain the remaining liquid through a large colander.
- Make spicy butter: In a small bowl, stir melted butter and hot sauce, to taste. Divide butter among small dishes or ramekins.
- Divide reserved broth among small bowls for dipping. Transfer shrimp and vegetables to a large platter, and serve with spicy butter, if desired.