If you love sausage and you love shrimp, this is the recipe for you! Our Sausage Shrimp Boil is a simple recipe, packed full of bold flavors.
- 1 pkg Kiolbassa Smoked Sausage, cut into 2" pieces
- 3 ears corn, husked and cut into 1" rounds
- 1 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Seafood Boil Seasoning
- 2 lemons
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic head, cut in half
- 1 1/2 lb. baby potatoes
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Fill a large stock pot 3/4 full of water. Add juice of 2 lemons and rinds, seafood boil seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, bay leaf, and 1 head of garlic, cut in half. Stir together then add potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add corn, Kiolbassa Sausage and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Then add shrimp and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Ladle two cups of broth into a glass measuring cup and set aside. Drain the remaining liquid through a large colander.
- Make spicy butter: In a small bowl, stir melted butter and hot sauce, to taste. Divide butter among small dishes or ramekins.
- Divide reserved broth among small bowls for dipping. Transfer shrimp and vegetables to a large platter, and serve with spicy butter, if desired.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.