Keep things simple, festive & delicious! These Cranberry Pigs in a Blanket are stuffed with melted goat cheese and our cranberry mini sausages! Dip into the cranberry sauce for the ultimate holiday treat! Recipe courtesy of our friends at A Full Living
- 1 package of Kiolbassa Smoked Meats Cranberry Mini Sausages
- 2 eight-ounce cans crescent dough
- 8 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons mixed fresh savory herbs, minced (rosemary, thyme, and sage)
- ½ of a medium yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14-ounce can prepared cranberry sauce
- Juice of ½ of an orange
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt (to taste)
- Water to thin sauce to desired consistency (added slowly)
Serves: 12 people
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and a pinch of salt. Cook until soft and translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, then stir in your herbs and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in your can of prepared cranberry sauce, fresh orange juice, and dijon mustard, stirring to combine until everything is heated through.
- Stir in water slowly (about 1 tablespoon at a time) until the sauce reaches your desired dipping consistency. Taste, and adjust salt level if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine roughly ⅓ of the cranberry sauce with your creamy goat cheese and mix with a spoon until well combined. Cover the remaining cranberry sauce and remove from heat. The remaining sauce will be used for dipping.
- If desired, you may blend the remaining cranberry sauce reserved for dipping until the sauce is very smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Open your cans of crescent dough, and separate the 16 dough pieces on your baking sheet. Add a dollop of the goat cheese and cranberry sauce mixture and spread across each piece of dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough in half lengthwise until you have two triangle shapes. In total, you will need 24 pieces of dough for your 24 mini sausages. You will have some excess dough.
- Add one Kiolbassa Smoked Meats Cranberry Mini Sausage per piece of dough. Roll the dough around the sausage until covered but the ends of the sausage are peeking out. You may use the excess dough to wrap a few pieces of the sausages if desired. Bake at 350°F for about 15-18 minutes, until the dough is golden brown and the sausage is heated through. Serve with cranberry dipping sauce warm or cold, your preference.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.