This unique twist on a classic breakfast casserole includes tater tots, scrambled eggs, and Kiolbassa Dry Cured Hickory Bacon. Top with salsa or a dollop of sour cream for some added flavor. Recipe courtesy of Southern Bite.
- 1 (1.25-pound) package Kiolbassa Hickory bacon
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen Tater Tots
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Optional toppings:
- salsa for serving
- a dollop of sour cream
- Cook the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom of the baking dish with the tater tots.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Add half of the bacon, half of the green onions, and half of the cheese and stir well. Pour the mixture evenly over the tater tots.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until the eggs are set and the tater tots are heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining half of the bacon, green onions, and cheese. Return the dish to the oven and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve warm topped with salsa.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.