Trying to stick with keto over the holidays? We’ve got you covered! This Keto Brown Butter Cornbread with Kiolbassa Dry Cured Hickory Bacon brings all the flavor, without the high carb count 😉 Recipe courtesy of our friends A Full Living
- 20 oz Kiolbassa Smoked Meats Hickory Smoked Bacon, crumbled and divided (reserve some of the fat rendered from cooking)
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup sugar replacement of choice (optional and to taste)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional, to hold the bread's shape)
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup water, added slowly (may need to add up to 1 cup, but add slowly)
Serves: 16 people
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and add your bacon pieces to parchment lined baking sheets. Bake until the bacon is nice and crispy, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, crumble the bacon into small pieces and reserve some of the fat to grease the skillet later.
- Prepare your browned butter. Cut your butter into evenly sized chunks and heat over medium-low heat until browned and bubbly. Set aside and transfer to a bowl immediately to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine your almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, optional sweetener of choice and optional xanthan gum. Once the butter is cooled, add it along with your eggs, and whole kernel corn to the mix.
- Mix everything together, adding between 1/2 cup water and 1 cup slowly until the batter is easier to mix. It should be thick but still spreadable, then stir in your bacon crumbles, reserving some for the top.
- Warm your skillet up over medium heat, and add some of the reserved bacon grease to your skillet once it’s very hot. Spoon in the batter, using the rubber spatula to smooth the top. Top with remaining bacon crumbles.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or when the top of your cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes or so before digging in.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.