Now here’s a winning combination! Smoked jalapeños and cream cheese wrapped in the thick slices of Kiolbassa Dry Cured Hickory Bacon are guaranteed to make you the game day MVP! Recipe courtesy of Another Pint Please.
- 6 jalapeño peppers
- 6 strips of Kiolbassa Dry Cured Bacon
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ rub
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
Serves: 4 people
- Slice each jalapeño in half lengthwise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and ribs.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon BBQ rub and the cheeses.
- To make a piping bag: stuff the cheese mixture into a gallon freezer bag and seal. Using a pair of scissors, cut off a corner of the bag.
- Using the piping bag, fill each jalapeño half with the cheese mixture.
- Slice each strip of bacon in half lengthwise.
- Wrap each cheese-filled jalapeño with a cut bacon slice.
- Sprinkle the remaining BBQ rub over the bacon wrapped jalapeños.
- Prepare a grill for indirect medium-low heat, 200° to 250° F.
- Place the wood chunks directly on the coals and close the lid. Once the chunks begin to smoke, place the jalapeños over indirect heat and grill for approximately one hour or until the bacon has rendered.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.