If you like it HOT, try our Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bombs! Our mouthwatering Kiolbassa Dry Cured Hickory Bacon makes this classic chicken and bacon recipe even bolder.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 10 fillets)
- 5 jalapeños, de-seeded, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 20 slices of bacon
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to 350°
- If using chicken breasts, cut them lengthwise into halves (like a hamburger bun).
- Place in aplastic bag (or wrap in paper) and pound until ¼” thick. Season each with salt and pepper.
- Wash jalapeños, cut stem off, and slice lengthwise.
- Mix two cheeses together and smear about 1 Tbsp. into each pepper half.
- Place the pepper on the chicken breast and wrap it up as best you can. Wrap each piece of chicken completely with two pieces of bacon.
- Place on grill (not directly over the fire) and cook for 30 min or until chicken is done. Turn every 5 mins and baste with BBQ sauce each time.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.