Take a tasty trip to the Louisiana bayous with this long-time Cajun favorite! Our Kiolbassa Beef sausage gives this Jambalaya a rich, meaty flavor that’s sure to please.
- 1lb Kiolbassa Smoked Sausage
- 2T. olive oil
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 bell peppers, red/yellow/green
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1T. garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 2T. Cajun seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion, bell peppers, jalapeno and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and mostly cooked. Add chicken and sausage, stir to combine. Continue sautéing for an additional 5 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, rice, Cajun seasoning, bay leaf, thyme, cayenne, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Once the rice is tender, add in the shrimp and stir to combine. Let the mixture continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked and pink. Remove bay leaf and season the jambalaya with salt and pepper and hot sauce and additional Cajun seasoning if needed. Remove from heat.
- Serve warm with optional garnishes if desire.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.