This might be the best summer recipe you’ll ever try. Perfect for football party food, or really anytime, the Brazos Street Dog is a breed apart with a bark as loud as its bite!
- 1 pkg Kiolbassa Beef or Jalapeño Sausage
- 1 pkg Hoagie buns
- 2 bottles Alamo Beer, Amber Lager
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to season
- Pour beer over sausage in a dutch oven or pot, allow to come to a boil for 2 minutes. Lower to medium heat and cover. Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, until fragrant.
- Remove the sausage and add onions, garlic, salt and pepper and brown sugar. Cover again and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice sausage and add back to the pot.
- Serve on hoagie buns with your favorite side dish and enjoy!