Add an extra boost to your day with these bold, delicious Keto Sausage Breakfast Pockets. The best part? They can be enjoyed fresh out of the oven, or you can keep a batch in your freezer to heat up on those busy mornings! Recipe courtesy of Cast Iron Keto.
- 1 Kiolbassa Jalapeño Beef Smoked Sausage, diced
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella (part skim / low moisture)
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Optional Ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
Serves: 2 people
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, melt the mozzarella in the microwave, just until melted (about 30 seconds).
- Stir almond flour, egg white, and xanthan gum into the mozzarella.
- Roll into a ball and knead 1 or 2 times. Place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a ¼” thickness.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in the peppers and onions, cooking 2 - 3 minutes until soft. Add in the Kiolbassa Jalapeño Beef Smoked Sausage, cooking another 2 - 3 minutes longer until browned. Using a spatula, move the mixture to one side of the skillet and crack the eggs directly into the skillet. Scramble the eggs and cook just until done.
- Place the mixture in the middle of the dough, folding in the sides. Poke the top with a fork so that the steam can escape while cooking.
- Carefully transfer the pocket to the skillet and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan, cut in half, and serve.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.