This one pot, savory soup is guaranteed to keep you warm during those chilly winter months. Leave it to simmer for a few minutes and your house is guaranteed to smell delicious! Recipe courtesy of Cast Iron Keto.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 (13 ounce) package Kiolbassa Organic Jalapeno Beef Smoked Sausage
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium head green cabbage, chopped
- 4 cups beef bone broth
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Serves: 6 people
- Heat the avocado oil in a 5-quart cast-iron Dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, sear the sliced sausage until golden brown.
- Add the butter to the pot along with the onion, jalapeno, and red bell pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until starting to soften. Add in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add in the cabbage and cook for 3-5 minutes until starting to wilt.
- Pour in the beef broth and bring to a low simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.