This Cheesy Cabbage Sausage Skillet is a great keto-friendly, one-skillet dinner that’s packed with healthy vegetables, delicious smoked sausage, and cheesy goodness. Recipe courtesy of Cast Iron Keto.
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 (13 oz.) package Kiolbassa Roasted Garlic Smoked Sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small head cabbage, cored and chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Heat the butter over medium high heat in a 10.5” or larger cast iron skillet. Once hot, add in the sliced sausage and cook 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
- Add in the onion, garlic, pepper, and cabbage. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add in the tomatoes and top with cheese. Transfer to oven for 10 minutes or just until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. Serve immediately.