Keto and pasta lovers rejoice! This recipe can be enjoyed as is, with your favorite low-carb noodle substitute, or any type of pasta you like. The smoky flavor of Kiolbassa Roasted Garlic sausage mixed with your favorite fresh vegetables is an unbeatable combination! Recipe courtesy of Cast Iron Keto.
- 1 package Kiolbassa Roasted Garlic Sausage (13 oz)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 turnip, diced
- 4 large cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 yellow squash, cut into half moons
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ onion, cut into quarters
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, mashed
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup & 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Optional toppings:
- Your favorite type of pasta
- Zucchini noodles
- Spaghetti squash noodles
- Shirataki noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves: 4 people
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the Brussels sprouts, cut side facing down, and diced turnips to the skillet. Cook 8-10 minutes until crispy, add in the Kiolbassa Roasted Garlic Sausage, and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until the sausage starts to brown.
- Add in the remaining vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet along with the roasted garlic and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer for 4-5 minutes, until the cream is reduced a bit. Stir in the cream cheese just until melted. Whisk in the parmesan and simmer until thick, stirring constantly. Add the vegetable and Kiolbassa Roasted Garlic Sausage mixture back to the skillet and serve.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.