If bacon’s your jam, you’ll love this spreadable treat! Our bacon jam, made with Kiolbassa Dry Cured Hickory Bacon, is delicious whether served hot or cold.
- 1 lb. Kiolbassa dry-cured bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- ⅓ c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Cook bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving about a tablespoon of bacon fat in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and shallots to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the onions are caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar, chili powder and cooked bacon. Bring mixture to a simmer then reduce heat to low. Cook until the liquid has reduced and the onions have thickened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool before transferring to a jar. Can be served cold or warm.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.