If bacon’s your jam, you’ll love this spreadable treat! Our bacon jam is delicious whether served hot or cold.
- 1 lb. Kiolbassa dry-cured bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- ⅓ c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Cook bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving about a tablespoon of bacon fat in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and shallots to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the onions are caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar, chili powder and cooked bacon. Bring mixture to a simmer then reduce heat to low. Cook until the liquid has reduced and the onions have thickened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool before transferring to a jar. Can be served cold or warm.