It’s true: Kiolbassa Dry Cured Hickory Bacon really does make everything better – including potato salad! This summer recipe is perfect as a side dish for a picnic or with barbeque.
- 1 pkg Kiolbassa bacon
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dill horseradish mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Quarter potatoes and place in a large pot of water.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from heat and drain.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp –crumble and set aside ¼ cup as toppings.
- Chop green onions.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, olive oil and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add chopped onions and crumbled bacon to vinegar/olive oil mixture.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked potatoes and mix gently with the rest of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with additional bacon crumbles and serve!
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.