It’s true: bacon really does make everything better – including potato salad! This summer recipe is perfect as a side dish for a picnic or with barbeque.
- 1 pkg Kiolbassa bacon
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dill horseradish mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Quarter potatoes and place in a large pot of water.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from heat and drain.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp –crumble and set aside ¼ cup as toppings.
- Chop green onions.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, olive oil and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add chopped onions and crumbled bacon to vinegar/olive oil mixture.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked potatoes and mix gently with the rest of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with additional bacon crumbles and serve!