Put something on the table for everyone to enjoy! This Chorizo 7 Layer Dip is topped with Kiolbassa Mexican-Style Chorizo that makes for a savory and hearty appetizer. Combine the delicious flavors of chunky salsa, chorizo and jalapenos for a simple and tasty appetizer! Recipe courtesy from our friends A Full Living
- 2 packages of Kiolbassa Smoked Meats Chorizo, 24 oz, casings removed, cooked and crumbled then drained of fat
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut into pieces
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4.5 oz pickled jalapeños, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 limes juiced, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 oz chunky salsa of choice, drained of excess water
- 6 oz shredded cheese of choice
- 2 large avocados
- ¼ of a large red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning blend of choice, store bought or homemade (see homemade instructions below)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Serves: 16 people
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat, and add the crumbled chorizo. Cook until completely done and browned, about 12-15 minutes, then drain the excess fat from the chorizo and set chorizo aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning, juice of ½ a lime, and minced garlic. Taste, then add salt and pepper if desired. Layer your seasoned sour cream layer in the bottom of a 6 cup glass baking dish. To make your own taco seasoning, simply combine: 1 tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tbsp cumin, 1 teaspoon onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, paprika (we like smoked paprika) and kosher salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper. You can adjust seasonings according to your taste.
- Add a layer of chunky salsa, then a layer of shredded cheese.
- For the guacamole layer, combine avocado, remaining lime juice, salt, pepper and minced red onion and mash with a fork until desired consistency is reached. Spread the guacamole over top of the cheese layer.
- Now layer on pickled jalapeños, and top with cooked chorizo. Finish it all off with diced tomatoes, lettuce shreds and cilantro. Dig in and serve immediately!
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.