Cheesy, savory and oh so good! Try our Keto Stuffed Poblano recipe featuring Kiolbassa Mexican-Style Chorizo! We hear this dish makes for the perfect leftovers too! Recipe courtesy of our friends A Full Living
- 1 package Kiolbassa Mexican-style Chorizo
- 4 whole poblano peppers, de-seeded and sliced down the middle, stems intact
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt (2-3 teaspoons, added slowly and to taste)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 whole jalapeños, diced
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, full fat
- 12 ounces shredded Chihuahua cheese
Serves: 8 people
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Cut the poblano peppers down the middle and gently remove the seeds. Place them in a casserole dish and drizzle them with avocado oil. Season liberally with salt, then bake them until nice and soft, about 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat, and add your Kiolbassa Chorizo to the hot skillet by squeezing the meat from the casing and searing the small bits. Once the chorizo is cooked (after about 10 minutes), add in your diced onion, jalapeño and cauliflower rice with a large pinch of salt. Allow to cook until peppers and onions are softened, and the cauliflower rice starts to get “fluffy” as the extra liquid cooks out.
- Add in a squeeze of lime juice, your dry seasonings (to taste), garlic, and chopped cilantro (optional). Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cream cheese and about half of the shredded Chihuahua cheese until melted and pliable. Taste the filling mixture and adjust seasonings to taste. Scoop the mixture into your poblano peppers until full, then secure with toothpicks.
- Top the peppers with the remaining shredded Chihuahua cheese, then broil on high for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted, brown and bubbly. Top with cilantro, and lime juice. Serve and enjoy!
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.