Want to explore how to cook chorizo? Try this delicious chorizo chili, perfect for a fall night!
- 2 lbs. Kiolbassa Chorizo
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained
- Optional toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Tortilla chips
- . Remove chorizo from casing and cook in a skillet over medium high heat until done. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Pour in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir until all ingredients are mixed and cover. Reduce to low heat.
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add kidney and pinto beans, then stir. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!