Want to explore how to cook chorizo? Try this delicious chili recipe featuring Kiolbassa Mexican-Style Chorizo! This recipe is the perfect meal for a cozy night in, and makes for the best leftovers!
- 2 lbs. Kiolbassa Chorizo
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained
- Optional toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Tortilla chips
- . Remove chorizo from casing and cook in a skillet over medium high heat until done. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Pour in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir until all ingredients are mixed and cover. Reduce to low heat.
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add kidney and pinto beans, then stir. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.