From our family to yours! We pulled this favorite straight from the Kiolbassa Family recipe box: Chorizo-Cornbread stuffing! It features sautéed serrano peppers, a dash of bourbon whiskey and crumbled Kiolbassa Mexican Style Chorizo. It’s a spicy, flavorful twist on a holiday favorite!
- 1 lb. Kiolbassa Mexican Chorizo
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 8 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove chorizo from casing and saute over medium heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the onions, celery, carrots, seraano chiles and garlic over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the vegetables with the bourbon and continue cooking over high heat for 1 minute, or until the liquid evaporates.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the thyme, sage, cilantro, chorizo and crumbled cornbread.
- Moisten with chicken stock and season with salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Place into a lightly greased baking dish, cover and back at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Note: This recipe is enough to stuff a 8-10lb. turkey if desired.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.