How Texans do queso: this easy queso dip is made even better with Kiolbassa Mexican-Style Chorizo!
- 1 pkg. Kiolbassa Chorizo
- 16 oz. easy melt cheese
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Optional toppings:
- Jalapeños, sliced
- Sour cream
- Onions, chopped
- Turn slow cooker on high heat. Chef’s tip: use a slow cooker liner to make cleanup easier!
- Slice easy-melt cheese into cubes and place in slow cooker to melt.
- Add half & half to cheese and stir occasionally until completely melted. Cover slow cooker and switch to low heat.
- Remove chorizo from casing and cook in a skillet over medium high heat until done. Drain and return to the skillet.
- Stir in minced garlic and pico de gallo until fragrant.
- Add the cooked chorizo to the slow cooker, stir and top with fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or as a topping for enchiladas or burritos!
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.