How Texans do queso: this easy queso dip is made even better with Kiolbassa Chorizo!
- 1 pkg. Kiolbassa Chorizo
- 16 oz. easy melt cheese
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Optional toppings:
- Jalapeños, sliced
- Sour cream
- Onions, chopped
- Turn slow cooker on high heat. Chef’s tip: use a slow cooker liner to make cleanup easier!
- Slice easy-melt cheese into cubes and place in slow cooker to melt.
- Add half & half to cheese and stir occasionally until completely melted. Cover slow cooker and switch to low heat.
- Remove chorizo from casing and cook in a skillet over medium high heat until done. Drain and return to the skillet.
- Stir in minced garlic and pico de gallo until fragrant.
- Add the cooked chorizo to the slow cooker, stir and top with fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or as a topping for enchiladas or burritos!