This classic comfort food just got more delicious. By combining the bold flavor of Kiolbassa Polish Smoked Sausage with rich, creamy cheese you get the perfect recipe for those busy weeknights or when you have a crowd to please! Recipe courtesy of Southern Bite.
- 1 (13-ounce) package Kiolbassa Polish Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) block sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (1-pound) box elbow macaroni
- 4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Serves: 6 people
- Lightly brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Grate the cheese on a box grater. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and drain. Set aside.
- Pour the milk into a microwavable container and heat until warm - about 2 1/2 minutes.
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add the warm milk, whisking constantly until it has all been added. Cook, stirring very frequently to prevent scorching, until thick - about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and gradually add the shredded cheese stirring constantly until melted. Add the salt and mix well. Add the pasta and sausage to the pot and mix well. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.