Call your friends and fire up the grill! These Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut Sandwiches are perfect for sharing with a crowd and guaranteed to be a hit. Recipe courtesy of Another Pint Please.
- 4 Kiolbassa Polish Sausages
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 4 split top hotdog buns
- Stone ground mustard
Serves: 4 people
- Prepare the grill for a two-zone fire with medium heat (350° to 450° F).
- Grill an empty wood plank over direct heat for 1 minute, or until the wood plank begins to smolder. Remove the plank from the grill and allow to cool.
- Add the sauerkraut to the grill-marked side of the plank. Evenly place the Kiolbassa Sausages on the sauerkraut, then sprinkle the caraway seeds on top.
- Grill the loaded plank over direct heat for 5 minutes, with the lid closed as much as possible.
- Move the plank to indirect heat and grill another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sausages and sauerkraut are heated through.
- Grill the buns, split side down over direct heat for 30 seconds, or until marked.
- Load the buns with sauerkraut and a sausage. Top with mustard and serve!
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.