Craving chili? Whip up a batch of this Keto Chorizo Chili for something hearty and delicious 😉 Featuring Kiolbassa Mexican-Style Chorizo, we guarantee you’ll want another serving once you give it a taste! Recipe courtesy of our friends Cast Iron Keto
- 1 12oz package Kiolbassa Mexican Chorizo
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 14oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef bone broth
- Salt to taste
- Optional toppings:
- Sour cream
- Diced onion
- Pickled jalapenos
Serves: 8 people
- Remove the casing from the chorizo. In a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat brown the chorizo for 5-6 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon, place in a large bowl, and set aside. Add the ground beef to the pot and brown for 5-6 minutes, remove and place in the bowl with the chorizo.
- Add the butter to the pot along with the diced peppers and onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, add in the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add in the spices and cook, stirring, for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the browned meat back to the pot along with the remaining ingredients. Reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
- To serve, top with your choice of toppings.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.