Made with cooked cauliflower and loaded with veggies, this Keto Loaded ‘Potato’ Soup is any easy way to cut the carbs and add some serious protein to your next meal! Featuring Kiolbassa Jalapeno Beef Sausage and Dry Cured Hickory Bacon, this soup brings all the flavor and will have your family asking for seconds! Recipe courtesy of our friends A Full Living
- 20 oz Kiolbassa Peppered Bacon
- 1- 13 oz package Kiolbassa Jalapeño Beef Sausages, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz unsalted butter, divided
- 100 grams yellow onion, diced (about half a yellow onion)
- 1 whole jalapeño, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 lbs turnips, peeled and rough chopped
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into large chunks
- About 1 tbsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 4 oz full fat sour cream
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 fluid oz heavy whipping cream
- Optional toppings:
- Top with: more sour cream, bacon bits, smoked sausage, sliced jalapeños, green onions, shredded cheddar cheese
Serves: 12 people
- Preheat your oven to 375°F, line two baking sheets with parchment paper and bake the bacon in the oven for 15-20 minutes until crispy. Cut into bite sized pieces, then set aside.
- In a dutch oven, melt half of your butter, then add in your onions and jalapeños with a pinch of salt. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes, then add in your garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in your chicken bone broth, turnips and cauliflower with some more salt. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer, then cover and cook for 15 minutes until cauliflower and turnips are fork tender. Transfer to a blender, and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Add your remaining butter to the cast iron, along with your jalapeño smoked sausage. Cook until browned, and reserving some for topping the bowls later if desired. Add most of the bacon back to the dutch oven, reserving some for topping later. Reduce the heat to low, then pour the cauliflower and turnip puree into the dutch ovenAdd in sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and heavy whipping cream, stirring until cheese is melted and everything is well combined. Adjust salt to taste.
- Garnish the bowls with more sour cream, slices of jalapeño, green onions, shredded cheddar, bacon bits and bits of sausage.
Here at Kiolbassa, we know a thing or two about making the country’s best smoked meats. However, we aren’t nutritionists. The nutritional information that we have included for our recipes is our best estimation. We can’t guarantee that it is 100% accurate. Please consult a licensed nutritionist for exact nutritional content.